The dean´s office is closed.
Prof. Dr. Charlotte Förster
Prof. Dr. Markus Sauer
The faculty council is the highest decision-making body within the faculty of biology. It is composed of
- the dean (Prof. Dr. C. Förster),
- the vice-dean (Prof. Dr. M. Sauer, Prof. Dr. Dr. M. J. Müller, Prof. Dr. I. Steffan-Dewenter),
- the deans of sudies (Studiendekan) (Prof. Dr. R. Gross, Prof. Dr. M. Riederer),
- a toal of 6 professors (Prof. Dr. C. Janzen, Prof. Dr. W. Dröge-Laser, Prof. Dr. M. Engstler, Dr. T. Müller, Prof. Dr. T. Schmitt, Prof. Dr. J. Schultz),
- the women´s representative (Prof. Dr. R. Scheiner),
- two representatives of the mid-level faculty (akadem. Mittelbau) (apl. Prof. Dr. J. Krauß, apl. Prof. Dr. D. Beier),
- a representative of the other staff (sonstige Mitarbeiter) (I. Wenzel),
- two students (M.Hoffmann, J. Kullmann).
This committee usually meets once a month (with exception of the semester break)
The faculty council makes decisions that affect the entire faculty.
These are, inter alia
- the appointment of the committee for the use of degree grants,
- the election of
- the dean,
- the vice-dean,
- the women´s representative,
- the establishment of the appointments committees and
- the use of the faculty budget.