Peer Mentors offer advice and support to first year students in small groups or individual sessions.
- 3-day freshman orientation organized by the Fibio for freshmen with majors in BSc biology, teaching-biology, biomedicine as well as biology minors.
- Following Orientation, Peer Mentors assist incoming first year students in their transition to university academic life during the course of the first term.
- Peer Mentors support freshmen in adjusting to university academic life and offer assistance and resources for many FAQ, examination preparation, time-management, study techniques, as well as class registration for the 2nd term.
- For more detailed information on the Peer Mentoring Program please contact Dr. Rapp-Galmiche and /or Fibio.
- Sign up to apply for a Peer Mentoring position in wuestudy (0629015).
- The next Peer Mentor Training is scheduled for September immediately preceding the next Freshman Orientation.
- NEW!! special program for international students and students returning to university
- international student mentors are required to participate in the intercultural communication course (IKK Seminar 06290130 ) as a prerequisite
All courses are open to students in the following courses of study:
- Biology (BSc/MSc)
- Biology (minor)
- certification as biology teacher
- The Graduate School of Life Sciences
- Bio-EU and international MSc
Are you interested in mentoring? There is no better way to give back to the student community. Apply now
- mentoring international students BSc and MSc
- mentoring BSc freshmen
- mentoring returning students