No tuition fees
104 EUR per semester.
The fee includes a semester ticket covering public transport in the Wuerzburg metropolitan area (€ 62) as well as the contribution to the "Studentenwerk" (€ 42).
Costs of Living Approx. 600-700 EUR per month
International students can apply for a place in a student hall of residence or find private accommodation in Würzburg. Prices for housing are reasonable and range from 150 to 350 EUR per months for a single room. Information on housing can be found online at:
Services and Arrival Support for International Students
International students are invited to use the university's support service for enrolment and visa affairs, for orientation in town, etc. Tutors are provided to help during the first weeks in Wuerzburg:
- Pick-up at the train station
- Support with moving into the hall of residence (get the key to your room, contact with the caretaker)
- Accompanying students to official offices (town hall, health insurance, Studentenwerk, etc.)
- Assistance with filling out necessary forms (enrolment at university, residence permit, etc.)
- Answers to questions about everyday life in the city of Wuerzburg (shopping, how to open a bank account, free time/sport and much more)
More information at: Website
The senior adviser to international students (International Office) can be contacted with questions and problems and will do his best to provide adequate assistance throughout their stay. He is also in charge of coordinating the semester programme which includes cultural events, excursions, guided library tours, etc.