The dean´s office is closed from April 26th till April 30th.
The dean´s office is open from Mo. - Thu. 9am till 12pm daily.
- Advice to- PhD-aspirants
- Advice to Habilitation-aspirants
- Organisation of the faculty meetings
Prof. Dr. Charlotte Förster
Prof. Dr. Markus Sauer
The faculty council is the highest decision-making body within the faculty of biology. It is composed of
- the dean (Prof. Dr. C. Förster),
- the vice-dean (Prof. Dr. M. Sauer, Prof. Dr. Dr. M. J. Müller, Prof. Dr. I. Steffan-Dewenter),
- the deans of studies (Studiendekan) (Prof. Dr. R. Gross, Prof. Dr. T. Müller),
- a total of 6 professors (Prof. Dr. C. Janzen, Prof. Dr. W. Dröge-Laser, Prof. Dr. M. Engstler, Prof. Dr. T. Müller, Prof. Dr. T. Schmitt, Prof. Dr. J. Schultz),
- the women´s representative (Prof. Dr. R. Scheiner),
- two representatives of the mid-level faculty (akadem. Mittelbau) (apl. Prof. Dr. J. Krauß, apl. Prof. Dr. D. Beier),
- a representative of the other staff (sonstige Mitarbeiter) (I. Wenzel),
- two students (M. Hoffmann and M. Huvar)
This committee usually meets once a month (with exception of the semester break)
The faculty council makes decisions that affect the entire faculty.
These are, inter alia
- the appointment of the committee for the use of degree grants,
- the election of
- the dean,
- the vice-dean,
- the women´s representative,
- the establishment of the appointments committees and
- the use of the faculty budget.